Saturday, June 20, 2009

Déjà vu!!!


Hi Friends! Oh my God! I just realized that I repeated what happened last year! I didn't blog in March, April and May! Talk about déjà vu huh? I mean, this was totally NOT planned. Weird... Thank God going to the loo is not like this. Or else I'll be wondering if I shitted the same shit before or not... eerie...

Anyways, it had been a long time since I updated you on my
training progress. So it's high time I give you some updates, and yes, I had been consistently training, eventhough I haven't been as consistent in blogging. The KL Marathon is less than 2 weeks away, and my last day of training will be this coming Tuesday. That's 4 days left. I sure hope to run below 3 hours this time for the 21K :)


3-mile Run
First achievement: 31:40

Best back in January: 30:57.91
Current best achievement: 27:52.00
Target: 18 mins or less

Not only I dipped below 30 minutes, I ran under 28 minutes twice. And the best thing is, I haven't had any knee pain since January!!! Praise God!


100 Sit-ups
First achievement: 4:41.03
Best back in Jan: 4:25.44

Current best achievement: 3:37.40
Target: 2 mins or less

Woohoo!!! Not only I dipped below 4 minutes, I almost dipped below 3:30. Now, I'm starting to think the target is achievable and possible after all :)


77 Push-ups
First achievement: 59 push-ups in 40 minutes
Best back in Jan: 77 in 40:11

Current best achievement: 77 in 24:16.31
Target: 77 in 2 mins or less

Woohoo!!! That's quite an achievement... considering that I had almost halved my previous best achievement. Of course, this is nowhere near the target of 2 minutes, but I'll get there, surely.


Chin-ups
First achievement: 0

Best back in Jan: 1
Current best achievement: 0
Target: 20

Hmmm... why can't I do it? I used to be able to do at least 1, but lately, I couldn't even get to halfway. Strange. I'll probably work on this after I had achieved the targets for the rest.


So what do you think? Am I fit? I personally think that I'm more prepared and more ready than ever to take on the 21K. Bring it on!!!


Thanks for reading this and have a beautiful weekend Friends! God bless you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Inge' said...

This is great!!! You have really come a long way in your fitness plan. Chin ups are HARD. It's all about upper body strength. Maybe some weight training will help you achieve your goal. Good luck in the marathon I know you will do great!!!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:48:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

First off, I like the new picture! And yes, this is GREAT news! You are doing wonderfully in your training sessions. All that hard work is showing steady progress! Chin ups are indeed hard! You will work on them as you do the other items on your list and eventually progress will be made there as well. It is good to be reading you again, John.
Have a fantastic week!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:01:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wowee ... that's a lot of working out and yes, I'd say you are FIT!!

BTW ... nice to see you back in the "blogosphere"!! :)

Hey ... best of luck on your race!! And then ... it's on to the wedding, right? What a summer you're having!

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks so much, Inge', Donna and Small Footprints! Your encouragement really means a lot to me, especially at this stage!

Special thanks to Inge' for sending me that video on Pull-Ups for Beginners. Now that's really gonna help kick-start my chin-ups, no kiddin'!

Hope you're feeling better, Donna!

And yes, Small Footprints! What a summer! Phew... :)

Friday, June 26, 2009 9:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home